The G1000 map orientation defaults to North Up. You can check the current orientation at the top right of the MFD screen.
The orientation can be changed in the MFD menu.
Follow these steps to change:
- On the MFD, click the Menu button.
- On the Map Options screen, click the ENT button.
- On the Orientation screen, click the ENT button.
- Use the FMS Knob to select the desired option for example, Track UP.
- Click ENT to save your selection.
- Click ENT twice to leave the menu and go back to the MFD map display. Your chosen orientation settings should now be saved.